Seasonal Fun & Special Events
2022 Holiday Happenings Around Arizona
2022 Holiday Happenings
Holiday Events at Chandler Fashion Center
3111 W. Chandler Blvd., Chandler
- Santa Photos, Nov 10 to Dec 24: This year when you round up your Santa photo purchase, you can choose to support The Humane Society, St. Jude’s Children’s Research Hospital or Autism Speaks. Level 1, Outside of Macy’s. Reserve your spot now, for photos with Santa at ShopChandlerFashionCenter.com/SantaPhotos
- Pet Photos with Santa, Nov 14, 21, 28 & Dec 5: Have your pets been naughty or nice? Bring them for a memorable photo with Santa! Be sure and round up your pet photo purchase in support of the Humane Society. 4pm to 8pm.
- Salvation Army Angel Trees & Gift Wrapping, Nov 17 to Dec 24: Pick an angel off the tree, or get your gifts wrapped, in support of kids who would go without a gift this holiday season. Level 1, Outside Urban Outfitters
- Polar PJ Party, Nov 29, Dec 6, 13, 20: Wear your PJs and join us for a FREE party near the Santa set! Enjoy crafts, door prizes, story time with some of your favorite holiday characters +MORE. Be sure and round up your Santa photo purchase in support of St. Jude’s Children’s Research Hospital. 10:30am to 11:30pm. ShopChandlerFashionCenter.com/Holiday
- Chandler Fire Department Toy Drive: Dec 3: Bring your kiddos and enjoy a ride on a fire truck! Be sure and bring some spare change or a toy to donate for kids in need. 2pm to 8pm.
- Sensory Santa with Autism Speaks, Dec 4: Bring your friends and family for a sensory friendly environment with limited noise and lights. Be sure and round up your Santa Photo purchase in support of Autism Speaks. The event takes place one hour before the center opens, see website for hours. ShopChandlerFashionCenter.com/SantaPhotos
World of Illumination
Enchanted Safari at Desert Diamond Casino
9431 W. Northern Ave., Glendale
Candy Rush at Tempe Diablo Stadium
2200 W. Alameda Dr., Tempe
Rockin” Christmas at Six Flaggs Hurricane Harbor
4243 W. Pinnacle Peak Rd., Glendale
Nov 16 to Jan 1: World of Illumination, the producer of the world’s largest drive-through animated light show, presents three all-new theme parks in the Phoenix-metro area for the 2022 holiday season. Light and sound collide to spark your holiday spirit with over 2 million animated lights that are synchronized to a holiday musical experience.
Shows open November 16 and operate rain or shine, nightly from 6:00-10:00 PM through January 1. Tickets start at $39 per vehicle and are available at worldofillumination.com.
Pratt Brothers Christmas & Holiday Spectacular
Bell Bank Park, 1 Legacy Dr., Mesa
Pratt Brothers Christmas & Holiday Spectacular
Nov 18 to Jan 1: This is a fully immersive Christmas town and holiday experience features 6 million lights, synchronized music and pyrotechnics, snow, train rides, cookie decorating and live entertainment. Produced by the nationally recognized Pratt Brothers, this memorable holiday experience is ideal for all ages. Plus, the beautiful IVY & SAGE Miracle Market is 10,000 square feet of custom holiday shopping.
Entrance times start at 6pm each night – please reserve your tickets online ahead of your visit. Admission is $14.99 per person, ages 2 and under are free. The Pratt family looks forward to seeing you!
Desert Farm Lights
14629 W. Peoria Ave., Waddell
Now to Jan 8: One million lights will twinkle in Surprise for the West Valley’s first-ever walk-thru holiday celebration. The inaugural celebration located at Justice Brothers Ranch, will immerse families in a bright winter wonderland. Sip on hot cocoa and stroll through the half-acre colorful Christmas maze, take a ride on a giant gingerbread slide, meet Santa for a free photoshoot and more! The fun doesn’t stop at the lights – children will enjoy activities like inflatable bounce houses and supersized yard games!
Tickets are $17 for adults and ages 13 or older, and $13 for kids ages 2-12. Military/veteran & senior are discounts available. Tickets include unlimited access to all the illuminated experiences, free pictures with Santa every Thursday- Sunday evening, Christmas bounce houses, and access to half a dozen food trucks nightly! Hours are. 5:30pm until 10pm.
Lights at The Farm
4011 S. Power Rd., Mesa.
Nov 23 to Dec 30: It’s Christmastime at Lights at the Farm. Lights at the farm is Arizona’s largest walk-thru synchronized Christmas light show you will ever experience! There are over 3 million led lights and displays that are synchronized to your favorite Christmas songs. Bring your friends and family to enjoy the show as you begin a new Christmas tradition. Lights at the farm also features a 4,000 sq. ft. outdoor skating surface made of “NHL grade” synthetic ice, tickets sold separately from regular admission to the farm. This skating rink allows attendees to experience a winter activity at the farm under the desert starry nights without the snow and ice!
Come on out and get your skates on! Nightly from 5:30pm -10pm. Closed Christmas Eve and Day. Santa visits on Dec 10 & 11, and Dec 16-23.
455 N. Galvin Pkwy., Phoenix.
Nov 23 to Jan 15: You’ll find adventure everywhere at the Valley’s favorite holiday tradition, ZooLights! This season promises to be bigger and brighter than ever before, with all new animal lanterns and light displays, an enhanced Santa experience and a brand-new music and light show that will take you around the world! PLUS, guest entry to ZooLights includes admission to Dinosaurs in the Desert, the not-to-be-missed dino-mite experience!
Please see website for daily schedule. $30 per person for members and $35 per person for general admission, discounts available if you buy your ticket online ahead of your visit. Children two and under are free. 5:30-10:30pm.
Christmas at Schnepf Farms
24610 E. Rittenhouse, Queen Creek
Nov 25-27, Dec 1-4, Dec 8-11, Dec 15-24: Christmas has come to Schnepf Farms! Experience a winter wonderland like no other with seasonal food, fun and festivities for the whole family. Catch a ride on the World of Illumination Express, hop on a hayride to visit Rudolph or journey through Santa’s magic workshop. There will also be a Christmas carousel, cookie decorating with Mrs. Claus, snow globe mini golf, a beer and wine garden for the elves over 21 years of age, and the world’s largest inflatable Christmas-themed obstacle course.
5:00-10pm. Tickets are $22.95 plus tax per person, or $18.95 plus tax per person after 7:30pm; children under 2 years old are free. Tickets for the Illumination Express train ride can be purchased for $10 each.
Arizona Lights in the Night
Thompson Events Center, 1901 N. Alma School Rd., Mesa
Nov 25 to Jan 2: A 1-mile, radio-synced, drive-thru, interactive North Pole Experience with 1 million lights! Grab your family and your friends and bring the Holiday spirit to life with this holiday light show.
Visit website for pricing, hours and to buy tickets.
CitySkate at CityScape
Patriot’s Park, 11 E. Washington St., Phoenix
Nov 28 to Jan 1: CitySkate, Downtown Phoenix’s most popular and real outdoor ice-skating rink, will return to CityScape Phoenix for the upcoming holiday season. Located at Patriot’s Park in the center of CityScape Phoenix, the CitySkate rink offers freshly surfaced ice, twinkling holiday lights and festive décor, all set within the heart of the city.
General admission is $20 per person; Military Members, Seniors and Children under 8 are $13 per person (kids under 3 are free) and includes skate rental and 90 minutes of skate time during designated sessions. Receive $5 off for bringing your own skates.
Hours are 4-11:30pm. Dates and times subject to change due to weather conditions, so please check website for updates. For special event information, a parking map and directions visit website.
Children’s Museum of Phoenix
215 N. 7th St., Phoenix
- Sock Skating, Nov 19 to Jan 29: Slip, slide and glide into fun at this annual event at the Children’s Museum of Phoenix. Kids and adults alike have a blast skating on white, slippery tiles reminiscent of ice but without the cold! Sock skating is free with paid Museum admission of $16.00 per person. Members and children under the age of 1 are free.
- Visits with Santa, Dec 3 & 4: Make it a magical day at the Museum! Share your holiday wish with Santa, experiment with salt and water on colossal colorful ice blocks, and frolic under snow flurries in the Museum’s Atrium. This event is free with paid Museum admission of $16.00 per person. Members and children under the age of 1 are free. Santa will be available from 10am to 12pm and 12:30pm to 2pm each day. Snow flurries will occur every 30 minutes throughout the day.
- Happy Noon Year, Dec 31: Ring in the New Year at the Museum during our Happy Noon Year Celebration! Sip sparkling cider, move and groove on the dance floor, create a colorful noisemaker, and countdown to our festive balloon drop! There are two exclusive events choose from: 9am to noon and 1pm to 4pm. Tickets for this special event will be $26 per person and $10 per person for members. Space is limited.
Holidays in Downtown Tempe
- Fantasy of Lights Holiday Parade and Tree Lighting, Nov 25: A holiday tradition enjoyed by generations. Bring your family and friends to an event that kicks off the magic of the season with a street parade, tree lighting ceremony, holiday market, live entertainment, Santa photos, and so much more! The Fantasy of Lights Street Parade and Tree Lighting officially kicks off the holiday season between 4pm and 9pm. with the parade starting at 6pm on Mill Ave. and 3rd St. For more event details, visit downtowntempe.com/StreetParade
- Second Sundays on Mill – Holiday Market, Dec 10: Meet us on Mill Avenue starting at 10 a.m. for a special holiday market featuring art, handmade crafts, baked goods, and unique gifts. Plus, enjoy festive street performances, live music, community programming, outdoor games, and family-friendly fun until 3 p.m. For additional details, please visit downtowntempe.com/SecondSundays
- Fantasy of Lights Boat Parade, Dec 10: One of the Valley’s most unique holiday events and a celebrated tradition. Enjoy holiday shopping, festive eats and treats, a dazzling boat parade featuring boats of all shapes and sizes, and a spectacular fireworks show. This event is free and family-friendly. For more details and schedule of events, please visit: downtowntempe.com/BoatParade
Holiday Lights at the Railroad Park
7301 E. Indian Bend Rd., Scottsdale
Nov 25 to Dec 30: Hop on board the Paradise & Pacific Railroad and experience a winter wonderland of holiday lights and displays. No trip to the park is complete without a spin on the historic Charros Carousel or a cup of hot cocoa from Hartley’s General Store. Santa will also be at the park on select nights through December 23 to visit and take photos with – see website for Santa’s schedule.
$15 per person, ages 2 and under are free. 6-9:30pm. Tickets can only be purchased online via Active Net beginning Nov. 1.
Home for the Holidays
Taliesin West: 12621 N. Frank Lloyd Wright Blvd., Scottsdale
Dec 9 & 10, Dec 16 & 17: The Wright’s celebrated many holidays over the two decades they migrated between Taliesin in Wisconsin and Taliesin West in Arizona. This year, visitors of all ages can enjoy a special version of Taliesin West that pays tribute to the seasonal decorations, and festivities the Wright’s shared with their artistic community at our very own holiday celebrations! Home For the Holidays is a special event that features crafts, holiday music, and snacks and beverages available to purchase.
Engaging staff will also share stories and insights about the winter celebrations at Taliesin West. You won’t want to miss this spectacular affair! 4-8pm. Tickets can be purchased online. $25 for adults, $15 for kids 6-18, and kids 5 and under are free.
World’s Largest Gingerbread Village
Prescott Resort & Conference Center, 1500 E. State Rte. 69, Prescott
Nov 25 to Jan 1: The Prescott Resort & Conference Center invites you to join us for the 30th Annual Gingerbread Village. Get in the holiday spirit this year and make plans now with your co-workers, family and friends and build a cottage, a bungalow or estate!
Prescott’s Holiday Light Parade and Bon Fire
Historic Downtown Prescott, 120 S. Cortez St., Prescott
Nov 26: Kick off the holiday season in Arizona’s Christmas City when 35-40 festively illuminated floats light up the evening with Prescott’s Holiday Light Parade, on Saturday following Thanksgiving holiday. 6 to 9pm.
Old Town Scottsdale
- Sing-Along & Tree Lighting Ceremony, Nov. 26: Kick off the season as Scottsdale is set aglow with its beautifully lit tree and holiday décor, including multiple areas for photo opportunities and selfies. Guests are invited to sip hot coffee or cocoa, nibble holiday-themed light bites and engage in seasonal merriment sure to put them in the mood for a very happy holiday.
- Nightly Scottsdazzle, Nov 26 to Dec 31: During Scottsdazzle, Old Town is rife with holiday spirit through incredible whimsical décor and sparkling lights twinkling throughout the streets, turning the area into a true winter wonderland. Local businesses also get into the spirit by offering visitors and residents special holiday deals to dine, drink and shop their way through the season. Taking place at various locations around Old Town.
- Santa at the Market, Nov 26, Dec 3, 10, 17: Scottsdale’s beloved farmers market gets into the holiday spirit with a very special guest — Santa! Santa will visit the market to spread some holiday cheer. Children can sit with Santa and receive a printed photo to cherish for years! 8am-1pm. Many market vendors offer special items throughout the season so shoppers can check of their holiday lists while they pick up delicious local produce, artisans breads and other delicious items.
- Holly Jolly Trolley, Dec 3: All aboard! Guests will be treated – and transported – to short holiday performances at various locations throughout Old Town. Holly Jolley participants can warm up with a cup of hot chocolate and nibble on sweet treats as they fill up on holiday cheer with loved ones. Meet the Singing Cowboy and his trusty steed Dusty as they delight guests with popular holiday tunes; take in a magical vignette of Beauty and the Beast (holiday-style!) by the performers at Greasepaint Theater; let the Dicken’s Christmas Carolers warm the heart with classic carols; and so much more! Perfect for the young and young at heart. Ticket price includes 60-minute trolley ride, refreshments, treats, and a holiday surprise to take home. See website for times and ticket information.
- Scottsdazzle Stroll and Canal Concerts, Dec. 3, 10 and 17: Stroll into the holiday spirit and enjoy beautiful live musical performances of the season’s classic sounds. This sprawling celebration features public art installations, holiday décor and the beautiful 40-foot Scottsdazzle Tree that lights up the night with a dazzling array of colorful ornaments. Guests can enjoy hot cocoa, coffee, sweet seasonal treats from local food vendors, and plenty of magical photo backdrops as they amble along the Scottsdale Waterfront. 6 to 9pm.
Mother Nature’s Farm
1663 E. Baseline Rd., Gilbert
- Dec 1 to 24: The farm will have fresh cut Douglas Firs and Noble Firs for sale. Bring the family for the hunt for the perfect tree for your holidays!
- Snow Day at the Farm, Dec 10: Our annual snow day returns for one day only from 9:00am to 6:00pm. Bring your mittens and a snow tube, grab your friends and neighbors to come join the fun at Mother Nature’s Farm. $12.00 and includes the snow hill all day, the hayride, spider web crawl, maze, and the animals.
City of Goodyear Holiday Kickoff
Civic Square, 1900 N Civic Sq, Goodyear
Dec 2: Kick off the Holiday Season in Goodyear! Night one of Holidays on the Square features the annual tree lighting, illuminated food truck alley, ornament making, and more. Santa will take the stage as MC while his elves roam the event for s(elf)ies.
See website for hours.
Scottsdale Sparkle Christmas
Arizona Boardwalk, 9500 E. Via de Ventura, Scottsdale
Dec 2,3,4: Scottsdale Sparkle will be hosting this lovely Christmas event at Arizona Boardwalk where attendees can shop from very talented vendors for holiday gift items while the kids enjoy face painting, glitter tattoos, and more!
FREE Outdoor event! No admission or activity fees required! 10am to 3pm.
Phoenix Children’s Chorus
Laveen and Scottsdale
“Let Your Heart Be Light” Winter Concert Series, Dec 3: Join Phoenix Children’s Chorus as we celebrate the wonder of the holiday season through song. Our light will shine as we share holiday songs during this special time of year. Performance at 6:30pm, doors open at 6pm. Seats are $15 to $25. Please visit website for tickets and print them prior to your arrival.Betty Fairfax Performing Arts Center, 8225 S. 59th Ave., Laveen Village
“Let Your Heart Be Light” Winter Concert Series, Dec 4: Join Phoenix Children’s Chorus as we celebrate the wonder of the holiday season through song. Our light will shine as we share holiday songs during this special time of year. Performance at 4pm, doors open at 3:30pm. Seats are $15 to $25. Please visit website for tickets and print them prior to your arrival. La Casa de Cristo Church, 6300 E. Bell Rd., Scottsdale
JOY TO THE HERD
Shamrock Farms Farm, 40034 W. Clayton, Stanfield AZ
Dec 3 & 4: Shamrock Farms transforms its working dairy farm into a winter wonderland with the return of its much-loved “Joy to the Herd” holiday event. In addition to being able to get up close and personal with 10,000 cows on a guided tram tour through the farm, the event includes special added features including visits with Santa (and Roxie the spokescow), holiday crafts, face painting and more. The fun and educational guided tour begins at the big red Welcome Barn where a cow-spotted tram takes visitors through a milking barn, feed zone, desert oasis cow lounge, interactive play zone and much more.
9am to 3pm. Reservations and pre-payment are required. Tickets are $15 for children and adults and include all activities. Children under 2 are free. Lunch will be available for an additional cost.
Breakfast with Santa
HD South, 10 S. Gilbert Rd., Gilbert
Dec 3: Fifth annual “Breakfast with Santa” fundraising event. The morning will feature a delicious hot breakfast as well as holiday themed crafts and activities which includes story time, ornament making, cookie decorating and face painting just to name a few. And of course, we’ll have a visit from Santa himself! 8:30-11am.
Photos with Santa at Park West
9744 W. Northern Ave., Peoria
Dec 3: Tis the season for all things merry and bright including a visit from Jolly Old Saint Nick! Park West lifestyle center hosts a spirited seasonal event featuring free pictures with Santa Claus set against the backdrop of a classic Airstream camper and Christmas tree, both festively decorated for the season.
As guests await their turn to tell Santa what they want for Christmas, they can enjoy a face painter and a balloon artist twisting unique creations. 11:30am to 4:30pm.
Avondale Civic Center Complex, 11465 W. Civic Center Dr., Avondale
Dec 3: Bring the family and make some memories! Avondale turns into a winter wonderland with a visit from Santa, a winter snow zone, holiday light show, entertainment, annual tree lighting, food, sweet treats and more.
Free admission. 5-9pm
APS Electric Light Parade
Dec 3: For 35 years, the APS Electric Light Parade has been an event where families, neighborhood groups and businesses from across the city come together to celebrate the joy of the holiday season.
The parade starts at 7pm beginning at Central and Montebello Avenues and travel south on Central Avenue, then east on Camelback Road, then south on 7th Street ending at Indian School Road.
Prescott’s Annual Christmas Parade & Courthouse Lighting
Historic Downtown Prescott
Dec 3: Celebrate this season with a festive parade around downtown Prescott, featuring floats, festivities & Santa. Over 100 entries for the whole family to enjoy! This year’s theme is “A Superhero Christmas”. A few hours later we gather in the Courthouse Square with eager anticipation as we wait for the Christmas lights to come to life! We take pride in our annual celebration and hope you will be a part of it!
Parade begins at 1pm in Downtown Prescott. The Annual Courthouse Lighting Event will be held following parade at 6pm. Visit website for more information.
Winter Wonderland & Tree Lighting
Heritage Square, 6 W. Aspen Ave., Flagstaff
Dec 3: Kick off your holiday season in Downtown Flagstaff – home of Arizona’s Winter Wonderland!
Beginning at 3pm there will be hot cocoa, a s’mores bar, performances the annual tree lighting and more! Make sure to stick around and grab a selfie with Santa! Admission is free. 3 to 8pm. See website for more information.
CCV Peoria: 7007 W Happy Valley Rd, Peoria
CCV Avondale: 1565 N 113th Ave, Avondale
CCV East Valley: 1330 S Crismon Rd, Mesa
Dec 8: Kids and adults with special needs (and their families) are invited to a one-of-a-kid outdoor Christmas experience. Celebrate the season at a pace that’s comfortable for your family. An in-person visit with
Santa and additional activities are also available for those interested. 6 to 8pm.
Peoria’s Old Town Holiday Festival
Johnny E. Osuna Memorial Park: Located at Peoria and Grand Avenues
Dec 10: Head to Old Town Peoria for live music performances, horse-drawn carriage rides, high school choir performances, gingerbread house displays, lots of holiday photo opportunities, and much more. The Mujeres Mercado and several other local craft vendors will be selling gift items, and a variety of food and beverage trucks will be onsite.
Don’t miss the highlights of the night, which include a tree-lighting ceremony in Osuna Park and photos with Santa! Free to attend. The fun happens from 5-9pm.
Phoenix Children’s Chorus Presents Season’s Greetings Winter Concert
Chandler and North Valley
Dec 9: Our PCC Voices neighborhood choirs will present a program filled with songs of the season that are sure to put you in the holiday spirit. All seats are general admission so arrive early for best seats. Doors open at 6pm, performance begins at 6:30pm. Tickets are $10 for adults, $5 for children ages 3 to 12 years old, ages 2 and under are free. Please visit website for tickets and print them prior to your arrival.Summit Academy Auditorium, 1550 W. Summit Pl, Chandler
Dec 10: Our PCC Voices neighborhood choirs will present a program filled with songs of the season that are sure to put you in the holiday spirit. All seats are general admission so arrive early for best seats. Doors open at 6pm, performance begins at 6:30pm. Tickets are $10 for adults, $5 for children ages 3 to 12 years old, ages 2 and under are free. Please visit website for tickets and print them prior to your arrival. Sandra Day O’Conner HS, 25250 N. 35th Ave., Phoenix
’Tis the Season: Holidays at MIM
4725 E. Mayo Blvd., Phoenix
Dec 10 and 11: Get in the holiday spirit at this merry event as MIM transforms into a musical “Winter Wonderland” with seasonal songs and musical traditions from around the world.
9am to 5pm. Included with paid admission to the museum, free for members.
Holiday Fair & Marketplace
Arizona Boardwalk, 9500 E. Via de Ventura, Scottsdale
Dec 17: It’s the most wonderful time of the year! Take professional photos with Santa Claus, play in a snow blizzard, enjoy live entertainment on center stage, have fun in bounce houses and slides, face painting, coloring contests, and much more! FREE Outdoor event! No admission or activity fees required! 11am to 3pm.
Rudolph The Red Nosed Reindeer
Herberger Theater Center, 222 E. Monroe St., Phoenix
Now to Dec 24: The holiday classic soars off the screen in this musical adaptation of the beloved television special brought to you by Childsplay Theater. Filled with holiday hits like “Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer” and “Holly Jolly Christmas,” Rudolph The Red-Nosed Reindeer™ features all of your favorite characters including Santa and Mrs. Claus, Hermey the Elf, Bumble the Abominable Snow Monster, Clarice, Yukon Cornelius and, of course, Rudolph. Tickets start at $13. Reserve seats at: childsplayaz.org/rudolph
A Winnie-The-Pooh Christmas Tail
Valley Youth Theatre, 525 N. First St., Phoenix
Dec 2 to 23: A very special Friend-and-Relation tells Christopher Robin a story of a Christmas Eve very long ago (about last year) when Eeyore, the old gray donkey who lives by himself in the thistle corner of Hundred-Acre Wood, was absolutely miserable. It seems that he lost his tail and Winnie-the-Pooh and Piglet got all of their friends and a search was organized. There is a great deal of fun and excitement, plus delightful songs, in the adventure that follows. The show’s theme, which concerns caring, sharing and the importance of cultivating friends, makes this a very special and enchanting musical suitable for any age.
Reserve your tickets online for $26 each at vyt.com/tickets or call the box office at 602-253-8188 ext. 1.
Symphony Hall: 75 N. 2nd St., Phoenix
Dec 9 to 24: Your favorite holiday classic is back this December! Join Ballet Arizona at Symphony Hall in Phoenix for Ib Andersen’s nationally recognized production of The Nutcracker. With dazzling costumes and sets, unforgettable characters, and Tchaikovsky’s iconic score played by The Phoenix Symphony this is one show you cannot miss! See why The New York Times called Ballet Arizona’s Nutcracker “top 3 in the USA”!
Ticket prices start at $35.
The Elves and the Shoemaker
Great Arizona Puppet Theater: 302 W. Latham St. Phoenix
Dec 9 to 24: In this charming holiday-themed version of the traditional tale, Santa sends his elves to help the kindly shoemaker and his wife. Performed with large rod puppets at Great Arizona Puppet Theater, this is a holiday experience for the whole family to enjoy! Recommended for ages 4 and up. $12 for adults (ages 13+), $8 for children (ages 0-12 years). Visit website for showtimes and to reserve your seats or call 602-262-2050, ext. 0.
*We recommend visiting websites for current status of all events as well as any changes that may happen due to extreme weather.
Please check event websites for pricing and special information.